Sunday, March 19, 2017

♫  I Should Have Known You Better ♫

You said I have high expectations, I said it's just one date
You said it can't be now, so I said let's just wait
Said you were trying to be honest, I didn't think that through
I was naive
To believe
In you

I should have known you better, I only met you once
Turns out the rest of my life was just a mess of two months
I could have learned my lesson a couple times before
I should have known you better, but you knew you more

You said that you broke hearts, I thought mine would be stronger
You said that I would start hating you, I thought it might take longer
Why does your mother want to meet me? Would she apologize
For having taught her
Pretty daughter
Pretty lies?

I should have known you better, I only met you once
Turns out the rest of my life was just a mess of two months
I could have learned my lesson a couple times before
I should have known you better, but you knew you more

You said you want to do right, but you sounded so cold
Said it could happen someday, but you sounded so old
You were a walking disaster, I was too slow to catch
You may be brighter
You took a lighter
To this match

I should have known you better, I only met you once
Turns out the rest of my life was just a mess of two months
I could have learned my lesson a couple times before
I should have known you better, but you knew you more

We never flew to Kansas, to see the biggest ball of string
To see bigger red flags, we'd have to fly to Beijing
Still gonna send those roses, because my phone won't ring
Still wanna freeze that cake
Cause you still make
Me sing

You should know me better, you only met me once
It's just the rest of our lives, that's just a thousand months
I would learn your lessons a thousand times again
We should know us better, we should see us then

No comments:

Post a Comment